Tips for Creating the Best Visual Content
If you’ve been a marketer for longer than a minute, you know that the more visual your content is, the better.
- The brain processes visuals 60,000 times faster than it does text.
- Content with relevant images gets 94% more views than content without.
- Tweets with images on Buffer receive 150% more retweets.1
You already knew this, of course.
But what a lot of folks don’t know is where to go to get that visual content, and how to best present it. And that’s okay — marketers aren’t designers by trade. Fortunately, there are a lot of tools and tips out there to help you make good visuals faster and easier. QuickSprout was kind enough to put some of these together in their Ultimate Guide to Creating Visually Appealing Content. Here are a few to start:
- Choose striking stock photos that don’t look like stock photos. Think less cheesy and staged and more impactful and true to life.
- As an alternative to stock imagery, you can also use Instagram photos. Social media agency Laundry Service has actually found Instagram photos to be more effective than stock imagery!
- Help “brand” your visual content to, well, your brand by choosing and using the same fonts, photo filters, and colors across visuals.
And since I know how hard it can be to source engaging stock imagery, I’ll leave you with a few of my go-to sites — some free, some paid, all great.
Do you have any favorite visual resources?
1 These facts are sourced from QuickSprout.